Re: Vista x64 will not boot with 4GB of RAM

Hi,

Some Asus boards require that you manually set memory timing to get past this issue. Try doing this with the remapping enabled.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"scmiles" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:cddbc1af3820e1779cfce63c2eb4ad35@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon X2 64 3800+
4 x 1GB DDR
nVidia nForce version 4 SLI 16 AMD

BIOS is latest from Asus.

After I enable the memory remap (hole) switch, the BIOS will see 4096MB
of RAM, but windows will never boot. It gets to the scrolling icon
screen for awhile then reboots. Also, safe mode will not boot.

I disable the memory remap and Vista will boot and show 2.5 GB of RAM.

Any ideas?

--
scmiles

  • Re: help
    ... choices and found the RAM memory test option and ran it, ... second later that the DIMM RAM chip showed error after error. ... I would bet that the fan ... > inspection, and swapped suspected parts around, and got no boot ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: mixed size DIMMs on P5P800 problems
    ... I then added the 512 MB sticks back, no boot. ... the machine now will not boot with any of the memory. ... I was disconnected from power and had my ASD ... Remove *all* RAM. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: How much RAM do I need
    ... The page file monitoring script shows I use 20Mb after boot and up to 200Mb ... > Adding more memory can noticeably improve performance only if the ... Therefore if the paging file is not currently being used to any ... Adding more RAM will reduce or even eliminate entirely ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Intels response Linux/MTRR/8GB Memory Support / Why doesnt the kernel realize the BIOS has probl
    ... >>> If enough RAM is chopped off users will notice. ... They tend to complain ... >>> the MTRR wrong not at the end of memory but at the hole sanely. ... While I am unsure of the 'best' solution, if they boot and it does not panic but takes 10 minutes to boot, people are going to seriously wonder what is going on? ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [SLE] Problem w/Compaq Proliant
    ... We just acquired a used Proliant 2500 server (Pentium Pro w/2 scsi ... I can boot from the 8.2 CD 2 and the CDROM mounts OK but YAST doesn't ... When I run memtest it shows only 16MB of RAM, ... all the memory, and the tests it runs don't show any errors. ...
    (SuSE)