Re: Graphics cards crash when using 3D

Thanks for the info about memtest. I downloaded it and after doing a 15 hour test found 2 faults in the memory. New memory was purchased and now everything is working fine.
Thanks again for the brilliant suggestions

Regards... Stupot.

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:urY0DIsCJHA.528@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stupot wrote:

I have just installed Vista home premium on a new drive in a computer that
used to run Windows XP X64 without any problems. My graphics are ok until
I run 3D games even the simple ones supplied with Vista cause the drivers
to keep resetting, the screen to pixelate into millions of coloured pixels
and eventualy the blue screen of death.
I bought a new NVidia 8600gt Super+ 1GB graphics card in case it was the
card causing problems but the fault continued the same.
I have been in touch with Nvidia who worked with me for over a week with
this problem but with all the different updates the problem hasn't gone
away.

I got in touch with the makers of my Gigabyte 6-Quad S series mainboard
but so far after installing the lates bios there is still no change.

I can only assume the problem is with Vista.

If anybody has any solutions they will be greatfully received.

Intel core 2 duo 6300
4GB memory. 3GB showing in Vista.
Blue storm 500W power supply
Index rating for both graphics types 4.8
...........................CPU cps............. 5.0
..........Primary hard disc................. 5.9

Suggestions:

1. Test/upgrade your power supply
2. Test your RAM. I like Memtest 86+ from www.memtest.org
3. Check for overheating