Re: Disk read error...

Hi and welcome to the forums :party:

Firstly I would try a repair install either from the original vista
disk or the repair disk which is available fot download have a look
'here ' (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html)at
a tutorial that explains most options.

The other thing I would check is, because of the two disk problem you
are having, if there is an update for your bios available.

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert

  • Re: Help for ntbackup
    ... I then uninstalled ntbackup and reinstalled it. ... I have done the chkdsk /r and no problem was detected. ... >> esI will try CHKDSK and the XP repair install when I find time in the ... >>>>> provide you with a disk image you can transfer to another drive ...
  • Re: MCE TV and FM radio suddenly not working
    ... I was told not to bother with a repair install as it ... I took the opportunity to partition the hard disk and now keep periodic disk ... hence no windows. ... giving me error messages about the tuner being in use by some ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: If I install a new motherboard will my WXP HOME SP2 still func
    ... I was more concerned about WXP activation disabling my ... clone the original disk, ... You have to be careful, when doing the Repair Install, ... USB2 drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Installing XP on a Fried Motherboard?
    ... do, is back up the disk somehow, before an accident happens. ... A repair install leaves settings and applications alone. ... To be visible, the disk connected to a new motherboard, may ... need a driver, when the previous system didn't need one. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Moving hard drive to another machine
    ... The user has an HP notebook that she's disposing of. ... latter to the internal HD on the new desktop computer. ... that when we boot with the new XP install disk (new retail version of XP ... Repair install option on the PE disk, that facility was an option on the HE ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)