Re: Epso EPL-5800L not print with Vista

<lhs573@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:etc2c410jpihoihrdg3gpmjbvlne2qr8b7@xxxxxxxxxx
Please help, I have Epson EPL-5800L laser printer. It work find with
Windows XP but stopped printing now with Vista home.

Vista has drivers for the EPL 5800 for PCL and also PS3 printing but not the L version. I don't know what the difference between the two are but you may try that driver. There is also an EPL 6100L driver that might work. Keep experimenting as this older laser printer will probably never have a specific Vista driver created for it.

Depending on how you are attempting to connect the printer to the computer (Parallel or USB to Parallel cable) the setup is different. For Parallel cable, click Add printer and then select LPT1, then Epson in the dropdown and then the printer driver you want to try. You will probably receive a message about incorrect driver but allow it to install anyway. Test it. Works, you are probably done. Doesn't work, uninstall the printer and repeat with a different driver.

Good luck.

  • asus a8v-vm se mobo
    ... If u are trying to install vista or win7 it is not compatiable OS. ... it uses a realtech driver which keeps getting replace, ... Re: vista sound driver problem ... starts the installation, and choose Properties. ...
  • Re: Vista WHQL PnP failure question
    ... I'm quite positive that the device supports selective suspend, ... and Vista SP2. ... Mode Driver Architecture documents provided on-line at MSDN (I do not own the ... only remaining issue seems to be with this PnP test. ...
  • Re: Stops Working
    ... I have found Vista to be very sensitive to video driver problems. ... Sony Acid 4 is a very old version, so I thought I might have trouble with it. ... Word, IE, Windows Explorer and Sony music mixing software never quit while running under the XP operating system. ...
  • Re: Word 2007 has stopped working on Vista Home Premium
    ... Did MS get you to test in safe mode? ... I called HP and asked when they were going to have an HP driver out since I was missing features of the driver that worked with Xp. ... I don't remember if any of the Adobe products have had patched since they were installed, but there was a Vista patch for World Perfect X3. ... I probably earlier said it was worse when I tried to open a file first than using the shortcut icon on the desktop, but should have clarified that I normally use start/computer rather than than windows/e to open these files. ...
  • Re: Vista X64 cant print to shared Vista X86
    ... Your name keeps popping up for solutions to Vista printing problems of the ... The 32 bit driver is most easily available from Vista 32 bit when using ... the client normally will install the inbox driver if the server ...