Re: Vista x64 Harware or Software issue

This is often caused by incorrect BIOS settings - the system is attempting to boot from the external drive first, where there is no boot loader.

Check your BIOS settings to set your boot drive as the primary device.

"ww50" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d3e6fb5860d74713a309be97925b5881@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heres is my issue.
When adding a secondary hd to my system either internal or external the
system will not boot into windows. IT will post and the bios sees the
drive correctly.
It will not boot with the second drive added even into safe mode.
The drive checks good by checkdisk. it is formated. When in the
external case with the power off the system will boot all the way and
turning on the drive it will become recognized by windows.
Tried Windows repair and it found no error.

Is this a possible hardware failure or windows issue.
The system is SATA and there are 3 devices on the SATA connectors. The
main hd and two opticals.

--
ww50

  • Re: unmountable_boot_volume
    ... Windows XP Media Center Edition ... Couple of questions, how do I change the BIOS settings, do you ... Another thing can I use XP professional boot disks for XP Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: new computer and windows xp
    ... There set the Boot Order to be CDRom before Hard disk. ... BIOS settings to switch order to Hard disk first). ... When it finally boots up to windows and asks if you want to activate, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Weird boot problem. How can this be?
    ... your bios settings are messed up on that computer. ... I have a strange problem where my computer does not recognize *ANY* boot ... boot device unless I plug the drive with that messed-up install back in. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Install from CD within Windows
    ... look for a key to reset all your BIOS settings to factory default. ... have to hit the keywhen you first boot up your computer. ... done format and reinstall windows xp. ... I want to re-install Windows on its current partition. ...
  • Start up from cold problem
    ... the DEL key allows you to enter the bios settings. ... the same changes but it appears that RAID and Boot ... choosing start in Safe Mode or Start ... driver conflict and the system freezes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)