Vista x64 Harware or Software issue

Heres is my issue.
When adding a secondary hd to my system either internal or external the
system will not boot into windows. IT will post and the bios sees the
drive correctly.
It will not boot with the second drive added even into safe mode.
The drive checks good by checkdisk. it is formated. When in the
external case with the power off the system will boot all the way and
turning on the drive it will become recognized by windows.
Tried Windows repair and it found no error.

Is this a possible hardware failure or windows issue.
The system is SATA and there are 3 devices on the SATA connectors. The
main hd and two opticals.

--
ww50

  • Re: Boot up problem... with a difference
    ... Safe mode boot is fine. ... Looked further into the last errors and noticed PXRD Driver. ... Event Type: Error ... Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in ...
  • Re: Slow booting xp home.
    ... What is a normal sort of boot time for an older machine? ... 30s to the windows screen? ... Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Smart Device ... Microsoft Robotics - Hardware Configuration and Troubleshooting Data ...
  • Re: Unmountable Boot Volume AND Session3 Initialization Failed
    ... I choose 'Start Windows Normally' and the Windows Logo Boot screen appears and simulate loading the OS as it always has before my system crashed. ... When I boot to that slipstreamed Windows XP Install CD, I do not receive any prompts from PGP nor do I have to login. ... So, effectively, you are in a catch 22 situation, you cannot remove encryption unless you boot with the hard disk yet you need to boot to the CD to run the Recovery Console but the RC cannot do anything on the encrypted disk. ...
  • Re: Cannot Boot Into any Option for Safe Mode
    ... NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM from the original XP CD maybe help? ... How To Create a Boot Disk for an NTFS or FAT Partition in Windows XP ... An upgrade will probably not fix anything where a clean install might. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Start Menu, Icons Not Appearing
    ... Also, make sure your system has no malware, download, install and run Ad ... Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, ... To Setup Windows XP now, ... To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R. ...