Re: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530B ATA Stopped Working!

"Dynimum" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:a1befd81ee20e3354a4d115f3a08b2ff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello..

I have a new laptop with the DVD RW i wrote at the title, and i have a
Vista Home Premium x64 on it.. I installed the drivers one by one, none
of them had a problem at first..

But right after i installed Java, my bluetooth mouse (Logitech) stopped
moving, but it was getting my clicks :S When i tried to reinstall its
drivers, i recognised that i cant open the CD-ROM to change the CD..
After shutting down the computer, i opened it with the pin needle place
and took the previous CD out.. But now, it doesnt recognise when i put a
CD in (It says that I should put a CD in), it doesnt take it out when i
push the button, and If i click on "Extract" from My Computer, it gives
an error saying that another program is using this device and I cant
take it out..

Please help me, I dont want to use this computer like that.. :)

Since you say this is a new laptop, you really need to contact the manufacturer service group. There are some things you can do, that sometimes work, and if they don't it really needs to go back.

Before you do, check for running processes - mostly media players that may be keeping it open. Stop any process that has anything to do with the player, and see if it will recognize disks. You can uninstall the driver, and reboot allowing Windows to find the device and intsall the driver again. There are a couple of registry entries you can delete - see the MS KB article on this. But much of the time none of this works, and it has to go back. Infant mortality is common in electronics. If it is going to fail, it will mostly be in the first ninty days or the last nine years. Good luck.

P.S. It doesnt seem to have a problem with the drivers.. !?

--
Dynimum

  • Silent crash witk 2-6.24-rc8-git4
    ... I've found that I can cause my laptop (DEll Latitude C610) to crash silently ... All I have to do to cause the crash is run the following script on the laptop ... # Infrared-port device drivers ... most of these also require special kernel boot parameters ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: win xp pro on laptops
    ... But if both computers are yours, say your desktop at home and your laptop calling in while on the road, the desktop at home MUST have the server-side software, which this does not include. ... does (Media Center IS XP Pro with modifications and additions, ... was a conflict between using Media Center Extenders and Domain ... drivers, or will have only very old ones. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: I opened my monthly rent bill today...
    ... laptop from Amazon as a backup to the IBM Thinkpad laptop I am ... still have to find an OS installation CD somewhere that works for that ... has been that computers don't usually come with recovery discs, ... they have more drivers. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: 6SN7 Mu Follower Distortion Paper
    ... Ian. ... I have tried a couple of those that use your PC soundcard on my laptop. ... to do with the sound chip but it is a new laptop. ... I dont really see them bringing out any new drivers soon or ...
    (rec.audio.tubes)
  • Re: User workstation crashing after login - no errors reported.
    ... If the system is stable in safe mode, that would indicate that the problem ... particularly if something specific seems to trigger the restart. ... drivers that don't load in safe mode. ... laptop booted and loggedonto the domain no problems for 3/4 of the day. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)