Install new sys drive

First I am working from an old xp laptop not my main desktop sys. My sys.
crashed and I want to save my files from the old drive. I purchased a new
Maxtor SATA 500GB drive to load Vista (using a friends copy) but when loading
it ask for a driver. As we all know most systems and drives do not come with
drivers any more. So what I need is location and name of driver to download.

So here is what I have:
HP Pavilion Media Center TV PC - m7747c
E6400 Intel Core 2
2GB mem
320GB (old drive)
NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE graphics card

If you should need any more info please let me know.

Lastly I do not want to do a restore until I get my files from the old drive
- that is why I am trying to install the new drive. After I get my files I
plan to do the restore and see if it will get me back to normal.

Help Please
Ed

  • Re: STOP on shut-down, optical drives or drivers?
    ... Windows update loose. ... thought that this could be a different type of driver issue dealing with the ... the PCI Bridge that is used to connect to the CD-ROM drives. ... Some malware can restore themselves, and to prevent it, System ...
  • Lost CD-ROM drive functionality . . !
    ... I found that installing the 837272 hotfix would affect ... >I've had to revert to using the RESTORE function sevral ... >drives back and running properly. ... >Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Lost CD drives
    ... settings that were changed when you added a new drive. ... Roll back to the previous version of a driver. ... Or you can always do a System Restore to return you to ... >After that I had no CD drives in my Windows Explorer. ...
  • Re: Both CD
    ... tried to install the new HP driver for the first one, ... Any ideas on how to get my CD drives back? ... I tried several restore points and none worked. ... driver it fried my CD players? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Lost CD-ROM drive functionality . . !
    ... I've had to revert to using the RESTORE function sevral ... drives back and running properly. ... Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. ... supplied driver ver. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)