enable bluetooth gateway notebook

I am thinking about getting a bluetooth mouse for my Gateway MX8738
(which has bluetooth built in.) I don't see any bluetooth icons or
options in Windows Vista Home Premium. How do I tell if Bluetooth is
enabled on my notebook? the keyboard has a bluetooth icon and I read
to push the Fn button along with F6(bluetooth icon on the button) to
enable or disable it, but since there's no icon on Vista system tray
or anything in control panel, not sure if it is on or not. Is there a
service for bluetooth that might be disabled?
.