Cannot install printers

I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop on which I have installed a full range
of software applications. Once installed I then used Acronis True Home
Image to back up disk, partititons, operating system the lot! Only then
did I discover that I for some reason I cannot install any printers -
all attempts to do so fail whether local, network, drivers from CD,
drivers downloaded, automatically or manually. On every occasion I get
the error 0x00000002.

I have also attempted to install software995 which installs a printer
driver to output to PDF also without success.

Dell support only suggestion is to reinstall Vista but this would
involve me losing and having to reinstall all applications. My well
thought out backup fails because it seems I backed up a faulty windows
installation.

Anybody any suggestions? (Please...)

--
daybase

  • Re: security
    ... Thank you kayman for your excellent support/advice. ... Secure your operating system. ... Be cautious selecting software applications touted in publications ... will the settings and transfer wizard install pro o/s over the top ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Quick Poll: Delphi and Win64
    ... you can install a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit machine. ... > install all the normal 32 bit software applications on it (Office, ... you can install 32 bit software in a 32 bit partition. ... also do it in a 64 bit partition but I don't know how will those apps. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • packaging, Batch Files, Reboot, Continuation
    ... I have a total of 10 Application programs that I want to install 5 PCs. ... have already PACKAGED my 10 software applications. ... I now want to write a simple DOS batch file to install all my applications. ... What commands do I have to include in my simple DOS Batch ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • packaging, Batch Files, Reboot, Continuation
    ... I have a total of 10 Application programs that I want to install 5 PCs. ... have already PACKAGED my 10 software applications. ... I now want to write a simple DOS batch file to install all my applications. ... What commands do I have to include in my simple DOS Batch ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: old xp home computers
    ... > clean install ....i hope. ... utilities on the Internet for the type of BIOS you have. ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ...