Re: Need to replace mouse on desktop set

But over the last month my mouse is
always double-clicking for every single click I make, and is driving me
crazy!

This is quite common - the microswitch goes noisy.

If the manufacturer can't help, perhaps you could find a local electronics hobbyist or repair shop, and ask them to change the microswitch. A good workaround, if the microswitch is a type not easily available, is simply to swap the left and right switches. They are almost always identical.

SteveT

  • Re: (stumble bumbled) fix for logitech trackman finally
    ... Sure it was the microswitch, so I unsoldered the left and put it into ... now I can hold my fingertip/nail to the switch and it ... assembly, made out of plastic, ontop the bottom half -- it fails. ... premier mouse manufacturer. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Reactivate Win Xp Family
    ... What have I done was "crazy wrong"? ... How does the Microsoft WPA system know? ... it on the hardware of another manufacturer? ...