Re: New hardware not detected

"Sue" <Sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3817B38A-FA11-4C9C-9314-9E3CED0A4B60@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I am trying to install a usb wireless modem on my Vista Home laptop.
When I first attached the device, the hardware manager detected it, but as
the recommended manufacturer's install is to load the software first, I
selected "Try again later" (or similar) when the box popped up.
The software is installed but now the machine is not "seeing" the modem at
all. I've been to the control panel and "detect new hardware" but it's not
seeing it. I have rebooted several times trying to force the issue.

Is there a time limit or something on the "try again later" option?

--
Sue

Try disconnecting the modem, rebooting the computer, then reconnecting the modem..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..