Re: New hardware not detected

"Sue" <Sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3817B38A-FA11-4C9C-9314-9E3CED0A4B60@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I am trying to install a usb wireless modem on my Vista Home laptop.
When I first attached the device, the hardware manager detected it, but as
the recommended manufacturer's install is to load the software first, I
selected "Try again later" (or similar) when the box popped up.
The software is installed but now the machine is not "seeing" the modem at
all. I've been to the control panel and "detect new hardware" but it's not
seeing it. I have rebooted several times trying to force the issue.

Is there a time limit or something on the "try again later" option?

--
Sue

Try disconnecting the modem, rebooting the computer, then reconnecting the modem..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • [SLE] No Suse after XP install - modem woes
    ... My main problem here was my modem. ... My neighbor then decided she found Linux more difficult than ... When I try to install Linux 10 now it gives an error 'No Hard ... can yo please tell me how I can use internet in Linux with dial-up? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SBS 2003, setting up FAX services....
    ... Any suggestions for a modem. ... >Thanks for using the SBS newsgroup! ... we can share the modem of the server to send fax. ... Also you can install fax in client ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to create symlink
    ... I m using ubuntu 6.06. ... The Modem i have following problems. ... This page describes how to install the driver for the Intel 536EP internal ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • ModemData by scanModem tool
    ... I manage to install Ubuntu Linux, ... I scanned the modem chipset with *scanModem tool, ... Downloaded packages must be moved into the Linux partition ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Problem setting up broadband from Tiscali
    ... come up with a way of sussing it out & getting the Modem Drivers ... Connection (as well as a USB Connection) on it! ... The SpeedTouch will Install ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)