Re: HD Camcorder - HDMI port on Laptop ?

Don't forget to make sure you get a cable too.

I recommend NewEgg. A lot of folks do. Excellent service and return policy. They are a big outfit and known by many to have excellent prices. I would not hesitate dealing with them if you need to order online. That's assuming that you are in North America.

"Jason" <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F80DCABE-C34B-4462-8051-7757C8931D50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Colin,
You are awsome man! I greatly appreciate your help.
I have a good understanding of what I need now.
I'm not too keen on buying products online.
Hopefully I can find what I am looking for at a retail store.
I searched Bestbuy, but didn't see exactly what I need.
I am going to go to a few computer stores today and see if someone
carries what I need. If not, then I may have to by this
online.... If it comes down to that, what online store would
you recomend, and have you had any problems with these companies.
Thanks again Colin!
Jason

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

Yes. Here are some examples: (They list Vista compatibility. A lot of
others do not.)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839150020
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839339005
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839328006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=expresscard&page=3&bop=And

>I checked out the specs. My computer is Gateway P-6822.
> It says I have expansion slot : ExpressCard/54
> So this means I can get my firewire???
> Also, Is this a card that slides into the side of my laptop, or
> must I place it "inside"?
> Jason
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> You're welcome and good luck.
>>
>> "Jason" <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Colin,
>> > I will look it up tomorrow morning.
>> > Jason

  • Re: HD Camcorder - HDMI port on Laptop ?
    ... "Jason" wrote in message ... My camcorder does not have a connection for firewire... ... I would not hesitate dealing with them if you need to order online. ... > Hopefully I can find what I am looking for at a retail store. ...
  • Re: OT: electric motor brush WTF
    ... ordering grocery supplies online for over 10 years now. ... item of clothing in a real store in 15 years. ... perusing reviews first. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: OT: electric motor brush WTF
    ... ordering grocery supplies online for over 10 years now. ... item of clothing in a real store in 15 years. ... perusing reviews first. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: OT: electric motor brush WTF
    ... I don't usually need any reviews on auto parts, and most of the stuff is heavy enough that shipping is a nuisance. ... The kids in the Autozone store know nothing, I sometimes go behind the counter to find stuff on my own. ... Doing bulky and/or non-perishable items online frees up time to bike to ... "Internet" grocery shopping is just supermarket shopping using a web site. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)