strange caps lock problem

Vista Home Premium 64bit

I don't know what happened or what I might have done to cause this, but a
while ago the caps lock key stopped working in all my desktop applications.
The only places where it still works are in a cmd window, the taskbar's
address bar, and Notepad. Everywhere else the state of the caps lock key is
ignored. The only way I can type caps is to hold down the shift key while
typing.

TIA,

Tom

--
remove .invalid to reply by email

  • Re: Caps Lock Stays On
    ... > Makes typing very confusing. ... The caps lock key doesn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Caps Lock Stays On
    ... Makes typing very confusing. ... The caps lock key doesn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Strange words in capitals in oldish book
    ... been using Windows software to disable the Caps Lock key for at least 20 ... but I do have it set to beep every time it is ... cause the key to be hit. ... that I was pretty unusual in not touch typing (I can touch type, ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Lieberman?????
    ... Caps Lock key, but it also has an option, which I have ... set, to disable overtype mode. ... It is so hard to get use to typing with this thing. ... This laptop is very hard to get use to. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: JUNK E-MAIL FILTER
    ... Turn off the Caps Lock key. ... Typing in all caps in considered SHOUTING! ... Click the Organize button or Tools>Organize, then Junk-Email. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)