Re: sfc problem

"Tom Hall" <aria1946@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:lq2b67d2k74r2c1n1gv1slbjjsmns9lckb@xxxxxxxxxx
Vista Home Premium 64-bit

I have run sfc /scannow a number of times, and it always reports that
there
were corrupted files, but that it was unable to fix everything and points
me to CBS.log for details. The problem with CBS.log is that it is HUGE,
and
I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

I finally figured out how to delete CBS.log just prior to running sfc, and
have a CBS.log that contains only the information from a single sfc scan.
Sfc has never prompted me to insert my install DVD so I'm at a loss as to
what I should be looking for. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228
This URL should point you in the direction Tom.

  • [GIT]: Networking
    ... Fix netlink attribute validation, ... Merge in wired driver bug fixes from Jeff Garzik and co. ... sfc: Use mod_timerto set expiry and add_timertogether ... vlan: Use bitmask of feature flags instead of seperate feature bits ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Cannot open Help and Support in XP
    ... After adding a registry entry that I was told about on this newsgroup, the o/s now gives "Cannot find HelpCtr.exe". ... Can someone tell me how to fix this problem or else how to get a HelpCtr.exe or CAB file that will allow me to try to replace the present file? ... If you run SFC, it should replace the file, if damaged, with the version in the dllcache subfolder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Time Zone Help
    ... Thanks for all your help but nothing seems to work...i ran the sfc and it ... > Insert your Windows XP Installation CD, then close it if it autoplays. ... >> to change the time zone it only displays one time zone which is GMT, ... >> give me the hot fix i needed...if you can suggest anything else, ...
  • [GIT]: Networking
    ... AF_PACKET deadlock fix from Herbert Xu. ... IPV6 build fix from Dave Jones. ... SFC driver bug fixes from Ben Hutchings and Steve Hodgson. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 2 questions, recovery CD and System Restore.
    ... could the poster run sfc from his copy of XP ... >> It isn't hard to understand why OEMs so often choose this ... >> have them run the restore disk to take the software to a ... > thrilled with the quick fix approach but are devastated when they find ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)