Re: IE 9 cannot finish installing...

"totfit" wrote in message news:g9qvo6tjn3qhisk0sfth07ri7hjq1lm5uu@xxxxxxxxxx

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:18:21 -0400, "webster72n"
<webster72n@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why wouldn't IE 9 install on my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit?
I downloaded the exe. file from Microsoft's home site.
My current browser is IE 8, besides others.
Should I wait for Windows Update to deliver it?
Thanks,

Harry.

Did it ask you to restart and leave a link for you to check on your
desktop as far as possible issues?

Yes it did, but I wasn't able to identify the hindering issue.

One issue may be your firewall.

I will try disabling the firewall temporarily and see if that helps.
The download proceeds to about 1/8th of the way and then stops.

There are others, but typically this is the primary issue that kills
the installation and/or download of files.

Thanks for the assistance.

Harry.

.