Re: IE 9 cannot finish installing...

"totfit" wrote in message news:g9qvo6tjn3qhisk0sfth07ri7hjq1lm5uu@xxxxxxxxxx

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:18:21 -0400, "webster72n"
<webster72n@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why wouldn't IE 9 install on my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit?
I downloaded the exe. file from Microsoft's home site.
My current browser is IE 8, besides others.
Should I wait for Windows Update to deliver it?
Thanks,

Harry.

Did it ask you to restart and leave a link for you to check on your
desktop as far as possible issues?

Yes it did, but I wasn't able to identify the hindering issue.

One issue may be your firewall.

I will try disabling the firewall temporarily and see if that helps.
The download proceeds to about 1/8th of the way and then stops.

There are others, but typically this is the primary issue that kills
the installation and/or download of files.

Thanks for the assistance.

Harry.

  • Re: Cantt download "exe" file because of IIS version
    ... .EXE are automatically downloadable by any browser. ... IE does have some code to detect download type, extension, and content-type, ... exe to download in IIS6? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Changing browsers
    ... The thing is, for a browser to be useful, it has to be standards compliant. ... download a pile of stuff. ... software updates start first thing. ... as that just tempts web sites to use Flash ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Internet refuses to open new ip address
    ... that Intel added two plugins to my browser. ... I attempted to do a download, ... You want to form a command that downloads ... (put the DLLs in the same folder as the bin). ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • IE6 Not Working
    ... but since I can't download anything with my IE ... You may have to enable Hidden files. ... Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers. ... I've also set the option as you described and restarted the IE browser, ...
  • Re: Windows Explorer Hangs...Why?
    ... is trying to connect and download the page but nothing happens. ... But assuming you are a serious and you have trouble with your browser! ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button called ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ...