IE 9 cannot finish installing...

Why wouldn't IE 9 install on my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit?
I downloaded the exe. file from Microsoft's home site.
My current browser is IE 8, besides others.
Should I wait for Windows Update to deliver it?
Thanks,

Harry.

  • Re: Cant open site from email
    ... Using Outlook 2007 with Vista Home Premium. ... Using Firefox as the default browser. ... And please post in plain text, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Link in email not working
    ... OS is Vista home Premium 32. ... the default browser in Windows. ... then reset Firefox as the default browser. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: IE 9 cannot finish installing...
    ... I downloaded the exe. ... file from Microsoft's home site. ... My current browser is IE 8, ... The download proceeds to about 1/8th of the way and then stops. ...