Re: Can't see own modem

"vista bill" <billsrrempire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1d8191b1-009a-4de7-ac39-497937469985@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 12, 10:45 pm, "Valorie *~~" <Val...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"vista bill" <billsrremp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:53d71df6-d580-45ad-b6ff-82e338cba43c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 12, 6:05 pm, "Valorie *~~" <Val...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Suddenly my Vista PC can no longer SEE it's modem for dial-up. But we > must
> have dial-up for when it rains and the satellite doesn't work. How can > we
> get this PC to see the modem again? I tried a system restore to when it
> worked but that didn't help.

> TIA.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------------------

What I do when things such as this occur is to unplug the computer and
leave unplugged for about an hour or so, plug back in and restart. You
must umplug it and everything connected to it. Do not simply turn off
the power strip. Hey! You can simply unplug the power strip!

Bill

-----------------------------
It was turned off all last night.

Turning it off isn't what you need to do. What you need to do is to
isolate the computer from all sources of electricity. That's why I
suggested unplugging everything. Also disconnect your internet cable
from the computer.

Bill

-----------------------------------
Oh, I got you now. We will try that and get back to let you know what happened. :-)

  • Re: Cant see own modem
    ... > Suddenly my Vista PC can no longer SEE it's modem for dial-up. ... You can simply unplug the power strip! ...
  • Re: totally OT BT
    ... I know that it,s a bit late, but if you are going online again with a modem ... "In response to the growing problems internet users are experiencing ... the fact you are dialling a premium rate number, it will not stop the call, ... If in any doubt you should unplug your modem and check your settings before ...
    (uk.rec.competitions)
  • Re: executing udev rules on _un_plug
    ... CH> How can I write a udev rule to be run/matched when a device is ... CH> modem is plugged in. ... as I want to be able to unplug the modem and plug it back it and have ... generated for ttyUSB0 - I assume that it is because the device is still ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Explorer stopped wroking after MS update download -any suggest
    ... modem connections and rebooted etc. ... > suggest that you turn off your modem, unplug it's power cord and unplug the ... > telephone cord. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: OT broad band was Re: Alan says I gotta tell you!
    ... >> The modem box has a long start up process when unplugged and replugged ... >> soon be solved and I can stop geting on my knees to unplug and replug ... > the master socket. ...
    (alt.sewing)