Re: Can't see own modem

"vista bill" <billsrrempire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1d8191b1-009a-4de7-ac39-497937469985@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 12, 10:45 pm, "Valorie *~~" <Val...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"vista bill" <billsrremp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:53d71df6-d580-45ad-b6ff-82e338cba43c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Oct 12, 6:05 pm, "Valorie *~~" <Val...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Suddenly my Vista PC can no longer SEE it's modem for dial-up. But we > must
> have dial-up for when it rains and the satellite doesn't work. How can > we
> get this PC to see the modem again? I tried a system restore to when it
> worked but that didn't help.

> TIA.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------------------

What I do when things such as this occur is to unplug the computer and
leave unplugged for about an hour or so, plug back in and restart. You
must umplug it and everything connected to it. Do not simply turn off
the power strip. Hey! You can simply unplug the power strip!

Bill

It was turned off all last night.

Turning it off isn't what you need to do. What you need to do is to
isolate the computer from all sources of electricity. That's why I
suggested unplugging everything. Also disconnect your internet cable
from the computer.

Bill

Oh, I got you now. We will try that and get back to let you know what happened. :-)

.