Re: Can't see own modem

On Oct 12, 6:05 pm, "Valorie *~~" <Val...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Suddenly my Vista PC can no longer SEE it's modem for dial-up.   But we must
have dial-up for when it rains and the satellite doesn't work.  How can we
get this PC to see the modem again?  I tried a system restore to when it
worked but that didn't help.

TIA.......

What I do when things such as this occur is to unplug the computer and
leave unplugged for about an hour or so, plug back in and restart. You
must umplug it and everything connected to it. Do not simply turn off
the power strip. Hey! You can simply unplug the power strip!

Bill

  • Re: pic test
    ... your system completely (including your DSL / modem line). ... every thing plugged into a power strip, unplug that and discount the ...
    (rec.equestrian)
  • Re: Cant see own modem
    ... have dial-up for when it rains and the satellite doesn't work. ... get this PC to see the modem again? ... You can simply unplug the power strip! ...
  • Re: Cant see own modem
    ... get this PC to see the modem again? ... I tried a system restore to when it ... You can simply unplug the power strip! ...
  • Re: totally OT BT
    ... I know that it,s a bit late, but if you are going online again with a modem ... "In response to the growing problems internet users are experiencing ... the fact you are dialling a premium rate number, it will not stop the call, ... If in any doubt you should unplug your modem and check your settings before ...
    (uk.rec.competitions)
  • Re: executing udev rules on _un_plug
    ... CH> How can I write a udev rule to be run/matched when a device is ... CH> modem is plugged in. ... as I want to be able to unplug the modem and plug it back it and have ... generated for ttyUSB0 - I assume that it is because the device is still ...
    (Debian-User)