Re: why hosts file is reset?

"Voronkov Konstantin" <konstantin.voronkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:01ac3f73-f9ef-427d-b937-250c36be5ffc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, I would like to redirect one IP address to a localhost, but
each time something reverts the original content of hosts file.

I open windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts with Notepad under run as
administrator, then make a change in hosts file. All new coonections
are redirecting to localhost (127.0.0.1), but suddenly in some time my
hosts file is reverted to the original state.

My system runs Windows Vista x64 bit edition.
What can change my hosts file and how to make a constant change in it?

Best Regards,
Voronkov Konstantin

Maybe you have a security program, like antivirus software, that is
' protecting ' your hosts file.

  • Re: why hosts file is reset?
    ... coonections are redirecting to localhost, ... in some time my hosts file is reverted to the original state. ...
  • Re: why hosts file is reset?
    ... each time something reverts the original content of hosts file. ... are redirecting to localhost, but suddenly in some time my ...
  • why hosts file is reset?
    ... Hello, I would like to redirect one IP address to a localhost, but ... each time something reverts the original content of hosts file. ... are redirecting to localhost, but suddenly in some time my ...
  • Re: XPs unchangeable IP address
    ... Check the hosts file and see if that is the case. ... "Randy" wrote in message ... > settings and then go to sevice settings, ... but it only reverts back to YOUR-LK4RLMSU41 ...
  • Re: Renaming machine and /etc/hosts
    ... Note that "localhost" is as has been described, ... machine's actual hostname - so this machine can /only/ find itself as ... qualified hostname for the loopback IP numbers. ... why not include that name in the hosts file? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)