Re: Removing a link (Vista 32 bit)

"milt" <theatre_nospam_guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:i8dbv1$bb7$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/3/2010 10:47 AM, Dave-UK wrote:
From your first post:
"No kidding, running ccleaner is the last thing anyone should ever do on
their computer."
So you've never run CrapCleaner and yet you come on here telling us
that it will hose your system. You are full of shit.

Nope, not full of shit, just because I haven't done something, doesn't mean I don't know its bad to do. I've never dropped a match into a can of gasoline. However, I know it will blow up, because of other experiences that tell me its a bad thing. Just do a web search on "registry cleaners" and see how many you find that screw up systems to the point a reinstall is the only thing that will fix it.

I don't need to trawl the net for stories that can't be verified.
Don't try to widen the argument by including all registry cleaners.
This is about CrapCleaner or CCleaner.
I have been using CCleaner for years, starting when it was called CrapCleaner.
I've used it on XP, Vista and Windows 7. Not only me and my several
machines but I've installed it on 8 or 9 other machines of friends and
family as well and told them to use it regularly.
I have never had any problems with running any portion of CCleaner.
Instead of repeating the registry cleaner dogma, produce the evidence
to back up your claims about CCleaner, a program you have never used.

  • Re: google search, eliminating sites from the results
    ... Are you aware of the "hidden" Flash cookies? ... i do use the CCleaner (formerly, CrapCleaner) mentioned in the article ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Registry Cleaners / Checkers / Fixers /File Cleaners etc.
    ... When I run either CCleaner or RegCure it shows many errors. ... I have decided to not let the Reg cleaners ... Most registry cleaners claim to find lots of things to fix. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Restore question.
    ... I have used CCleaner for years and it never ever has done any damage to my registry... ... Like most registry cleaners it is useless and destructive. ... Is there a Microsoft product equivalent to CCleaner? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Registry Cleaners Affecting the Ability to Boot
    ... the applications that I use on my other machines. ... I run the CCleaner "Windows Cleaner" daily to dump temp's. ... I inspected the reports before deleting registry entries the first ... other registry cleaners) will cause a problem every time you use it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word 2002 File Name window no longer displays file names.
    ... Registry cleaners like CCleaner are known to cause problems with Office. ... If you are using CCleaner, then I believe that you can exclude CCleaner touching the Office settings. ... Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP ...