Re: DVD Recorder

On Oct 4, 9:36 am, Jim <bojimbo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 17:07:22 -0700 (PDT), GrtArtiste

<grtarti...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I was given one as a gift... a JVC model DR-MV150B. It recorded a
football game and then played it on the TV, but I was hoping it would
play on the computer (Dell Inspiron 530 running Vista Home Premium
SP2) as well. The computer not only won't play it...it does not even
read the disc. The drive is working...it plays another DVD just fine.
Is it unreasonable to hope that this would work? The disc I used is a
DVD +R, which I have used for other purposes on this machine and those
have worked okay. Any info appreciated.

GrtArtiste

Forget last answer ( vista = SP2 )

this machine is updated to Vista SP2

  • Re: Basic advice about making HD DVDs? (further opinions)
    ... They look OK when played with a normal DVD player on my widescreen HD ... Assuming I can eventually get an AVCHD disc burnt, am I right that I can only ... play this to my TV via a Blu-Ray player? ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: 360 - What I like, and what I dont like.......
    ... Demo's, downloads and Live Arcade - all a great way of leeting you feel, play and touch. ... It is slightly quieter in the horizontal position than the vertical, but it still sounds like a hovercraft. ... Even with the fastest of DVD drive it takes a lot of time to load half a gig - so to get rid of spin-up you just keep the disc going flat out 100% of the time. ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: PINNACLE STUDIO 11.1 BURN issue hd-dvd to dvd
    ... It certainly will you just need the proper software to play the files. ... can't play HD DVD or BD disc on a standard DVD drive but that a mechanical ... issue red lasers can't read the disc. ... Orlando (Goofy says "Hey!"), Florida ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Anybody know ??
    ... Recording onto DVD + discs is the cheapest and simplest solution? ... playback that type of disc. ... cheap ASDA one which will play anything flung at it. ... I'd never heard of Sumvision but their DVD player is tiny -- just the job for my bedside shelf and was reasonably priced at GBP45.99. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • DVD Recorder problems - INFO
    ... I have an RCA DRC8005N DVD Recorder connected to my TV and use it ... It seems to play pre-recorded movies with no problem, ... as a 'Bad Disc' and won't play at all. ...
    (alt.video.dvd)