Re: Removing a link (Vista 32 bit)

On Oct 4, 12:11 pm, species8350 <not_here.5.species8...@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Oct 4, 10:23 am, "Dave-UK" <H...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

"species8350" <not_here.5.species8...@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:dbf44d68->> > >> > > -
Is it possible to remove this dead link manually?

Read Dave-UK's earlier reply. He told you how to do it.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup- Hide quoted text -

Not a manual method

Well if you are unwilling or incapable for some reason of
running the simple program I recommended then open
Regedit and do a search using the wording of the context
menu entry as a template. That might throw up some key or
keys that you could delete.
As you haven't named this program it's impossible to be
more specific.

I can of course run the programme.

But I would like to understand how to delete the entry manually in
order to increase my knowldege.

As it happens, I did open Regit and put a string into the search
facility. But amazingly nothing was found. I expected the words used
in the link to be apparent. I will now put in the exact string.

I am at a loss to explain this observation.

The programme I removed is called 'Prism Video File Converter'- Hide quoted text -

Good news.

I put the exact string into Regedit and found the keys (I think that's
what they are called).

On deleting the entries the deadlink has now vanished.

I assume that these entries were introduced at installation. Hence any
re-installation of the programme would restore the keys.
.