Re: GodMode + 64-bit Vista = BOOM!

On Oct 3, 1:23 pm, Tom Hall <aria1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried something really dumb a week ago. I tried to set up GodMode in
Vista 64-bit and now Explorer won't run. Most (but not all) of the startup
items load when I attempt to use that account, but the desktop is
completely black and the mouse pointer works, but there's nothing for it to
interact with.

I discovered too late that this is something one should not attempt with
Vista 64-bit.

I booted into safe mode and deleted the Godmode folder I had created on my
desktop, but the account continues to be unusable - there's no explorer
listed in Task Manager.

I've reconnected with everything that's important through the Administrator
account, but I would love to be able to recover my user account (which is
also in the administrator group).

Tom

--
remove .invalid to reply by email

REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTER AND INSTALL LINUX!

  • Re: Need to understand permissions and ownership
    ... I am the only user and have only one administrator account with my name. ... There are also some other folders such as: ... The vista help files are so fragmented and confusing that they are ...
  • Re: Need to understand permissions and ownership
    ... I am the only user and have only one administrator account with my name. ... There are also some other folders such as: ... The vista help files are so fragmented and confusing that they are ...
  • Re: Installation problem - non-admin users
    ... I guess I am facing an administrative privileges issue with Vista. ... Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator. ... The user is going to be asked to give a user-id and psw to an user/admin account. ... The user account for the non-user admin in not an account that has full rights on System32. ...
  • Re: whats the difference between account NAMED administror and a account with admin privilegious?
    ... The link has a lot of information and directions on sharing in Vista. ... Using the Vista Administrator account does give you greater access while ... I was hoping that being the 'administrator' would cure that problem. ... When logging in....I should select 'admin' ...
  • Re: Windows Vista, Outlook 2k7 and RPC over HTTP
    ... it had nothing to do with running IE as administrator. ... matter what his account name is. ... Vista does not even enable the administrator account, ... Go to the web site and install the certificate to the Trusted ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)