Re: How do I know if my computer is sharing files at any particular time?
- From: Kevin John Panzke <kevin.panzke@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 07:52:35 -0700 (PDT)
On Oct 3, 7:53 am, Gazza <gary_wind...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I finally discovered why my computer was not sleeping. It was due to
the multimedia sharing options in the power settings. When I select
the allow the computer to sleep option hey presto it sleeps after 10
minutes as expected! horah!
However I do share with a wireless digital photo frame and my
networked TV but the power option seems to suggest that it will stop
the computer from sleeping when devices are connected and sleep if
not, is this true?
With the power setting such that sharing is allowed the PC never
sleeps even when the frame and the TV are off. Is there a way to see
if the PC thinks that it is actually sharing at any particular point
in time? and can the power options actually be set to sleep if nothing
is actually connected and stay awake if something is using it or is
this power setting not quite as good as it makes out to be?
Many thanks in advance
REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTER AND INSTALL OPEN SOURCE ORACLE SOLARUS!
- Prev by Date: Re: OT - Restored My Reading Sanity!
- Next by Date: Re: Removing a link (Vista 32 bit)
- Previous by thread: Re: How do I know if my computer is sharing files at any particular time?
- Next by thread: Re: OT - Restored My Reading Sanity!