Re: How do I know if my computer is sharing files at any particular time?

On Oct 3, 7:53 am, Gazza <gary_wind...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I finally discovered why my computer was not sleeping. It was due to
the multimedia sharing options in the power settings. When I select
the allow the computer to sleep option hey presto it sleeps after 10
minutes as expected! horah!

However I do share with a wireless digital photo frame and my
networked TV but the power option seems to suggest that it will stop
the computer from sleeping when devices are connected and sleep if
not, is this true?

With the power setting such that sharing is allowed the PC never
sleeps even when the frame and the TV are off. Is there a way to see
if the PC thinks that it is actually sharing at any particular point
in time? and can the power options actually be set to sleep if nothing
is actually connected and stay awake if something is using it or is
this power setting not quite as good as it makes out to be?

Many thanks in advance

Gary

REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTER AND INSTALL OPEN SOURCE ORACLE SOLARUS!

  • Re: How do I know if my computer is sharing files at any particular time?
    ... I finally discovered why my computer was not sleeping. ... the allow the computer to sleep option hey presto it sleeps after 10 ... With the power setting such that sharing is allowed the PC never ...
  • Re: Sleep in Vista
    ... Check your power setting Vista has a multitude of setting that range ... from Screen, HDD, Ethernet connection, anyhow Vista power settings abuse ... You need to go to advanced power setting and tell it not to power down ... I do suggest not putting HDD to sleep in any fashion Vista does have ...
  • How do I know if my computer is sharing files at any particular time?
    ... I finally discovered why my computer was not sleeping. ... the allow the computer to sleep option hey presto it sleeps after 10 ... With the power setting such that sharing is allowed the PC never ...
  • XP with SP2 and power saving mode
    ... I am having problem making it go to sleep and hibernate in power ... it never goes to sleep nor hibernates. ... to fiddle with power setting but no avail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT Maybe-My sleep apnea: (long)
    ... Thanks for sharing this experience with us, ... tool works for you so that you can sleep better. ... sleeping can impact how you fare during the day and improve many other ... 9935 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,980.43. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)