Re: Removing a link (Vista 32 bit)

"milt" <theatre_nospam_guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:i87tl2$>

No kidding, running ccleaner is the last thing anyone should ever do on their computer. I would only suggest it if the computer is so screwed up you are going to have to reformat and reinstall anyways and you can't possibly hurt anything by trying it.

However, on a well-functioning system, a registry "cleaner" is bound to do more harm than good and might end up leading you to a reinstall!

I regularly run CrapCleaner on Vista and Win7 and I don't get any problems.
What happened to your Vista installation when you ran it ?
Provide details, if you have any.

  • Re: re-formatting....arrrggghhh
    ... I would certainly rather NOT have to reformat if I don't have to. ... restore all your data backups, you have to reinstall all your programs, you ... Windows and all your apps to work the way you're comfortable with. ... substitute for troubleshooting; it should be a last resort, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Do you consider this software licensing practice ethical? I am furious!
    ... in question before a reformat, ensuring an activation is not used. ... reinstall on a different partition on the same drive ... install and activate as one user profile, ... Reinstall Windows using the same Windows key without reformatting ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: Reinstall or reformat?
    ... reformat and reinstall every six months." ... 2000, Windows XP, and Now Windows Vista, each for the period of time ... Some tech support folks have told me that MS recommends reformat ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ...
  • Re: URGENT: Cant boot into Mac on Bootcamp
    ... You will have to reinstall all your software if it's not in the TM ... If you can fix the filesystem, then there's nothing to do - you're ... So it's the reformat route I guess. ... The aforementioned Disk Warrior is a bootable CD as well. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Reformatting Windows XP
    ... reformat will wipe all data and programmes. ... Windows should then reinstall itself and you then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)