Re: Folder Permissions

Hi, sorry it has taken so long to get back, I have been ill.

Thanks for all this info, this is a great help to me.

regards

Daniel

"Dave-UK" <Here@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:U7Cdnb0K6cZ4QsjRnZ2dnUVZ8gGdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Daniel" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:egt6ffbMLHA.4120@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I have Ultimate 64.

I have a problem with Windows media Player and need to modify the wmploc.dll file
in the System32 folder but I am told I need permission to do this.

I am the only use and have full rights, how do I set the folder permissions to
allow myself to modify the file.

thanks

Daniel

Log on to an account with administrative privileges.
Right-click the file and select 'Properties'.
Select the Security tab.
Click on the Advanced button.
Select the Owner tab.
Click on Edit.
In the box 'Change owner to: ' select 'administrators'.
OK your way back out accepting any messages.
Now you have to give yourself all permissions.
Select the Security tab again.
Click on Edit, select administrators and select Full Control.
Ok your way back out.
Now you can modify the file.

  • Re: More rights to users.....
    ... You will need to modify the permissions on the attributes that you want the ... select the security tab, click advanced, click add and add the user that ... allow for the properties that the user should be able to edit. ...
  • Re: Excel spreadsheet " read only"
    ... > Did you try deleting it fom explorer assuming you have at least modify ... > permissions to the file? ... If you are an administrator, ... >> name to this file now I can edit the new file. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Permission Changes
    ... Does windows consider that a form of ... >> Is there a special combination of permissions that will ... >> to edit and delete the file, ... >> affect the ability to delete and modify at all(strange, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Folder Permissions
    ... I have a problem with Windows media Player and need to modify the wmploc.dll file ... in the System32 folder but I am told I need permission to do this. ... Now you have to give yourself all permissions. ... Select the Security tab again. ...
  • Re: Prevent user from deleting one file
    ... You can configure Delete permission in the Advance of the security tab in the properties of the folder. ... Select the user -> Edit ... I check all Deny permissions for that file for that user except Read Data. ...