Re: Window defender not start

I can manage startup programs how can I do it at MS Security
Essentials.

"vista bill" <billsrrempire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d1cd4aaa-b4db-463e-9fca-5bbb5b62aa08@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jul 24, 8:27 pm, "MXC" <minxi...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried to "Manager Startup programs" . A massege said: The window defender
is turned off
I tried to turn it on. I got 0x800106ba error
After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not
start.

when I start the service I get:
The window defender services on local computer started and then stopped.
Some service stop automatically if they are not use in by other service or
program.
Microsoft Security Essentials do not allow me to manage the startup
programs.

How could I manage the startup programs.

Thanks

Perhaps you don't need Windows Defender when you have MS Security
Essentials.

Bill

  • Re: Error 80240029 on Defender Update
    ... Instead of me attempting to guess just why the log is showing that the PID is invalid, you are entitled to free support for issues with security updates. ... The update to Defender is a security update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Security Center says that Windows Defender is turned off
    ... windows security red alert icon is ... working fine- in the security center it says that Malware protection/virus ... Then it says that Defender is off. ... Windows security center shows Defender is ...
  • Re: Is complete home security possible?
    ... >> exposed the machine if the malware program was running with the ... > Except the Security Center is not a firewall. ... > presumably before other startup programs (my malware had to load at ... malwere program is running with Admin rigths. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Defender
    ... security updates offered, Defender definitions update, and the Malicious ... Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender support ... It asked to upgrade, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Defender and Security Center off/unavailable after boot
    ... AVG 9.0.725 contains an antispyware component which is *supposed* to disable Windows Defender: http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free ... If disabling WD does not stop the Security Center messsage then suggest you download and run the WMI Diagnosis Utility to see if a repository rebuild is necessary or not. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)