Re: ico File Extension

"C and A Bredt" <abredt_at-delete-this@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uCh1FKZELHA.5472@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am running Vista Home Premium.
When I right click an image on my desktop,
and select Preview, it displays my jpg photos plus
a dsc.ico icon and a keyboard.ico icon.

I don't know where these came from and they didn't
appear a few weeks ago. They are not listed under Desktop in windows Explorer.

Do you know what they are? Can I delete them
during the preview?

Thanks, CB
--
C and A Bredt

When I right-click a jpg and select Preview it opens with Windows Photo Gallery.
That's because Windows Photo Gallery is my default program for handling
jpgs. I see no extra icons, either in the preview window or on the Desktop.
What is the program that opens your jpgs ?
Exactly where are these icons ?

  • Re: Graphics Programs after PhotoDraw
    ... It show the kanji image composer icon, but below it it shows that jpgs are being opened with PS and PS's icon...it takes the action only it shows the wrong icon. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Wrong icons being displayed
    ... I'm having a problem where all my JPGs are displayed with the wrong icon... ... I have re-associated the file type with the correct application but the icons on my desktop still display the wrong icon ... When i try to launch a JPG file, it opens correctly with IE, the problem seems to be simply the icon associated with the file type, not the application. ...
  • Re: Adding an Icon
    ... JPGs won't work as an icon. ... Then, either drag it in the folder if you are allowed, or just create a new folder of your own to store downloaded icons. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... an attempt to point out that "not all the world uses Windows". ... I wiped out the whole Windows system directory by clicking on ... I was curious about what was in that .bat file, ... clicking on the icon for other kinds of text files opened them ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: TweakUI missing "Repair My Documents Icon" etc
    ... You can also add TweakUI to the Control Panel with ... Add XP TweakUI Icon to the Control Panel ... How can I add TweakUI to the Windows XP Control Panel? ... Documents and Settings folder on whatever drive it is located on for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)