Re: HD activity?

Vista is so shit its unbelievable!

In order to see what the fck its doing, download this
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

then go to edit> autoscroll
then make sure on the toolbar only the "show disk activity" button is pushed in

Vista is the most badly written OS ever.... thrashes disks for no reason

"Ole" <ole@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O5docsw5KHA.5548@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Any idea why my harddisc drive is very active and has allways been that.? It is mainly when I don't use the PC and it should be idle - I guess that the search indexer doesn't use so much capacity.

Thanks
Ole

  • Re: Certain operations EXTREMELY slow on 64 bit Vista Premium: opening file, printing,...
    ... CPU or disk activity at all for over a minute. ... Dell Precision T7400 workstation, Vista Premium 64 bit, single ... drives; C has original Windows XP Pro 32 bit, and D has Vista 64 bit. ...
  • Re: more Ram - update
    ... I do notice a lot of disk activity, but there are so many background activities in Vista, plus antivirus stuff etc etc, that I dont really know what is causing it. ... you can use belarc or just pop open the cover (you might as well do the latter as you will need to in order to add the new ram later). ... Crucial.com is an excellent source of memory modules and will also tell you the limitations of your motherboard. ...
  • Re: Harddisk load with Vista ?!?
    ... Since you are "new to Vista", the disk activity probably is, as the others said, the Indexing activity. ... You can click Control Panel | Indexing Options to see what it says. ... Many users get discouraged with Vista during the first week, when it is doing a lot of housekeeping and self-tweaking to customize your installation to the way you work. ...
  • Re: Windows mail contacts
    ... Vista Home Premium 32 SP1 ... >>> 'Contact' so that I can edit it. ... >> See if it helps to start Windows Mail, then click on Tools, then>> Windows ... opens up right above the list. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Fix For Deleting Emails Inbox or Other Folders!!!!!
    ... Now as for the hotfix, ... Also, I have SP1, and isn't it supposed to be ... purchased, which means not long ago, I am still finding my way around Vista ... Go to Edit ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)