Re: Expand message tree in newsgroup

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:03:56 -0400, Frank Drew Leyda wrote:

"Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1sbun04fqri54.odxxnsy90ora$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:23:41 -0400, Frank Drew Leyda wrote:

Is there any way to expand the message tree for all messages in all
newsgroups all the time.

Read the instructions for the newsreader that you use. They are all
different.
Let's start with this one.
I have not found any info.
FDLeyda

OK, sorry, then.

I don't have Windows Mail.

I have, but don't use, Windows Live Mail. I'd hate to find an answer there
that doesn't work in Windows Mail.

Given that, in Live Mail I found Tools | Options | Read tab
Choose "Automatically expand grouped messages"

Just an aside: My preference would be the opposite of yours. Another reader
I have used is MesNews. It can be configured to collapse the last thread
and expand the next one when you navigate to it. Fun :-)

--
Gene E. Bloch

  • Re: Windows Mail.EXE Error # 0X800C0155,2
    ... My question is can installing Live Mail "fix" or avoid potential ... I am not aware of any particular Windows Mail problem associated ... with downloading SP1, or why you needed to upgrade Vista before ... Downloading Vista SP 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: newsgroups and Windows 7
    ... I've been using Windows mail for newsgroups on my deck top computer.. ... Windows 7 has Windows Live Mail, you can access the newsgroups thru Live ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Windows Live Mail
    ... Either don't open Windows Mail and Outlook or else remove the accounts that you don't want them to receive. ... I don't know why you think you had to install Outlook and Windows Live Mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: In WLM is it possible to have folders for contacts
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... MS keeps saying Live Mail is better, ... you said "Live Mail" but you posted with Windows Mail. ... should be posted to the WLM newsgroup: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Outlook Express data files & Window Live Mail
    ... It has some different features than Win Live Mail. ... Win Live Mail has considerably faster search for newsgroup entries by individual or topic than either OE or Windows Mail. ... I've used different ways to convert .dbx into the .eml of Windows Mail. ... create a folder on the Desktop and open it. ...