Re: Expand message tree in newsgroup

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:03:56 -0400, Frank Drew Leyda wrote:

"Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1sbun04fqri54.odxxnsy90ora$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:23:41 -0400, Frank Drew Leyda wrote:

Is there any way to expand the message tree for all messages in all
newsgroups all the time.

Read the instructions for the newsreader that you use. They are all
different.
Let's start with this one.
I have not found any info.
FDLeyda

OK, sorry, then.

I don't have Windows Mail.

I have, but don't use, Windows Live Mail. I'd hate to find an answer there
that doesn't work in Windows Mail.

Given that, in Live Mail I found Tools | Options | Read tab
Choose "Automatically expand grouped messages"

Just an aside: My preference would be the opposite of yours. Another reader
I have used is MesNews. It can be configured to collapse the last thread
and expand the next one when you navigate to it. Fun :-)

--
Gene E. Bloch
.