Re: My Vista System Restore dosen't work

Thanks for the replies. I suspect that Norton 360 is the culprit. I didn't
know how to "turn off" N360. I tried disabling the antivirus and the
firewall. That didn't work.

"Larry Goldman" <larry.goldman11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:90CF6C7C-1F10-4073-9886-72CE24F0F3F1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Every time I try to run System Restore I get an error message saying that the restore was unsuccessful because of an error. Try again with a different date.

Any suggestions on how I can restore my System Restore?

  • Re: Ask Windows XP Expert Walter Clayton About Spyware
    ... retail/oem CD (not a restore set) or an I386 directory on disk. ... drive either in safe mode when AdAware and Spybot were prohibited from ... > player asking for permission to access the net through ZoneAlarm. ... Disabling SR during the weed out is dangerous. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Please Help
    ... >> even closing my antivirus and it did not help. ... > now have a Windows 2000/98 look which turned off many of the annoying ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... > The system restore feature is a new one - first appearing in Windows ...
  • Re: Where to Obtain Fix Q290700
    ... Noel I am not using XP I have ME and they did not reset Sytem Restore they ... to take it back to them because NAV was all screwed up... ... > Disabling System Restore has NOTHING to do with 'preventing viruses coming ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Temporarily disable SBS Services
    ... removing/replacing the disks and restoring the image. ... restore them separately. ... I assume you mean stopping and disabling the Microsoft Exchange Information ... SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ICS / Windows Firewall returns after ASR restore ?
    ... well enabled after you run a System state restore, ... service was disabled in the registry of the system state backup. ... I suggest you manually configure the startup type of the ICS ... | After disabling ICS and rebooting, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)