Re: Vista Business Upgrade Questions from an XP guy

Vista Business and Enterprise are supported until at least 2015 per Microsofts Lifecycle policy, if Vista gets a SP3 ( which is likely at the time around when 7s SP1 is out ) then 2 years extra.

Stuff developed for 7 will run on Vista too, thanks to Net Framework 3.5 and the platform updates.

Not everybody needs and/or likes Windows7.

Especially the missing features ( Windows Teamwork in Vista = no replacment in 7 ! ) are a no-go for many.

All the hype how good 7 is.. blablah . Windows Vista at Sp2 Patchlevel with some minor tweaks is the same speed as 7.

Vista is much cheaper available now than 7. In germany OEM discs of Vista Ultimate sell roughly around 80Euro whereas 7 Home edition is over 100.

See ebay for used discs, just watch out that the disc is a hologrammed original MS disc and no branded third party disc. and the Key of course. If internet activation is not possible, just call MS hotline, they always arrange it that customer gets activated if the key is genuine.

Don't fall for Win7 hype.

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8sbar5t2iru6ftti3b71juu1nmfctq3440@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:34:55 -0700, "Drew"