Re: Location of "Switch User" graphics?

All the UI related images in Windows ( Vista and 7 )

are stored in %WINDIR%\System32

Main : "Imageres.dll"

Second : "shell32.dll"

With a resource extractor you can view them all.. they contain thousands of icons,pictures,avis,sounds.. some leftovers from XP and Longhorn Alphas are also inside.. interesting stuff.

Make a backup before tinkering with such systemfiles. If you edit them and make an error your Windows will be kaputt.

;)

"+Bob+" <nomailplease@xxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:g07ar5tvdv8juh3q0gvke5gi6g0u8ja0sk@xxxxxxxxxx
Where does windows store the graphics used for the "Switch User"
graphic (not the user pictures, but the actual button that says
"switch user") ?

Thanks,

  • Re: User Accounts Pictures
    ... >Windows XP Shell/User ... >in place of the user pictures. ... >>i opened up my user accounts window earlyer and to see ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
    ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... If there is an equal on Windows I truly would love to know about ... program on the Plasq frontpage was clearly taken on Vista. ... the product is on both Windows and Mac. ... hardware than Vista works on PC hardware is hardly "silly". ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OS/2 mentioned in a Vista review
    ... You can also install it in a classic way in 2K (and XP, and 2003 and Vista) by ... That may be a good basis of comparison for you, but to someone who is already displeased with the previous standard of operation of Windows, what should that mean? ... It can be done on XP or OS/2, ... Consider: full-screen apps. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)