Re: Windows 7 - Blue Screen BCCode 9f

"ColinR" <ColinR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:11253B76-8A8D-4606-89D9-CFA18AE8C905@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Every morning, between 10 and 30 minutes after "waking up" my computer,
windows 7 does a blue screen. here is an example....

Source Windows
Summary Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎19/‎01/‎2010 08:17

Status Not reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 8AFDE6B0
BCP3: 82D78AE0
BCP4: 8A627700
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I tried changing the power options to never "put the computer to sleep" but
it still crashes.

It looks like Vista had a similar problem that was solved by a service pack
but all I could find for W7 was the hotfix at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977186

I applied hotfix KB977186 but I am still getting a crash every moring.

In addition to Peter's reference, you might want to pursue this in the Windows 7 forums:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

There is also one alt usenet group:

alt.windows7.general

  • Re: Slowdown of downloads
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: eaten in box e mails
    ... Options | Maintenance for each Identity you have, and then compact manually ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Contents disappeared in most OE 6 folders
    ... Now the contents of most, but not all, of my folders are gone, ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Outlook Express wont download pop3 mail on specific PC - Calling Outlook Express experts.
    ... > One other thing I did note that occasionally when I closed Outlook Express ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Iexplore error
    ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Disabling email protection does not leave you vulnerable to viruses and ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...