Re: "Windows can't check for updates"

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:OA$ZhcmJKHA.4376@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Repost this to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup

--
Peter

"Bob" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23NP%23PPmJKHA.4168@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vista Home Premium SP1
Avast AV, Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

The error message I receive on the taskbar is "Windows can't check for updates".

The problem began with the recent updates.

I've tried Safe Mode, turning off Avast and Windows Firewall.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can try?

Just had a similar problem, after settingmy calendar back a few days
to check that I did have a trojan.

Had to change it back to current day and time for update to work.

The solution was found on Microsoft's web site.

    ... however the browser one uses has absolutely nothing to do with checking for updates. ... "f/fgeorge" wrote in message ... turning off Avast and Windows Firewall. ...
  • Re: "Windows cant check for updates"
    ... The error message I receive on the taskbar is "Windows can't check for updates". ... turning off Avast and Windows Firewall. ... Ubuntu has been free for years, yet most reject Ubuntu as just a TOY written by geeks for geeks who can't get laid. ...
  • Re: "Windows cant check for updates"
    ... The error message I receive on the taskbar is "Windows can't check for updates". ... turning off Avast and Windows Firewall. ... Ubuntu has been free for years, yet most reject Ubuntu as just a TOY written by geeks for geeks who can't get laid. ...
  • Re: "Windows cant check for updates"
    ... The error message I receive on the taskbar is "Windows can't check for ... The problem began with the recent updates. ... turning off Avast and Windows Firewall. ...
  • Re: OT-ish Anyone had trouble recently with Avast screwing with usenet access ?
    ... installed some Windoze updates. ... as Xnews is basically a stand-alone dot exe. ... It is Avast that I use, ... "Mail Shield" our shared problem went away. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)