Re: "Windows can't check for updates"
- From: Natéag <cqui3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:48:02 -0400
"Peter Foldes" <okf22@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:OA$ZhcmJKHA.4376@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Repost this to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup
Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
"Bob" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23NP%23PPmJKHA.4168@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Home Premium SP1
Avast AV, Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.
The error message I receive on the taskbar is "Windows can't check for updates".
The problem began with the recent updates.
I've tried Safe Mode, turning off Avast and Windows Firewall.
Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can try?
Just had a similar problem, after settingmy calendar back a few days
to check that I did have a trojan.
Had to change it back to current day and time for update to work.
The solution was found on Microsoft's web site.
- Prev by Date: THE PUBLIC OPTION MUST FAIL 2 PASS CONGRESS OR ELSE THE U.S.A. WILL GO BANKRUPT!
- Next by Date: Re: Spam
- Previous by thread: Re: "Windows can't check for updates"
- Next by thread: "Windows can't check for updates"