Re: Any VMware experts on a Vista site?

Gordon Biggar wrote:
Before I go to VMware with questions, I thought that I would try the Vista experts here to see if there is a match-up of the two talents. I recently had someone load VMware Workstation 6 on my new Dell desktop, which uses a Vista 64-bit platform. I now have the capability to run a Vista 32-bit platform by clicking on a desktop icon (situated on the 64-bit platform). I need occasionally to run dBase III programs in a 32-bit environment, which obviously a 64-bit environment will not tolerate.

I connect to the Internet on a wireless basis, using a RangeMax Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter. This Internet connection works fine on the 64-bit platform. In the 32-bit environment, I am able to make a local network connection, but I am not able to connect to the Internet. When in Windows Explorer (32-bit platform), I do not see any USB ports enabled. The individual who installed the VMware said that I should not need a USB port in the 32-bit setup to connect to the Internet.

Has anyone had any experience using VMware and establishing Internet connections from other than the base platform?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that may pertain to my frustration!

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Did you install VMWare tools yet?

--
"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free."
- Linus Torvalds

DRM and unintended consequences:
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=435&tag=nl.e101

  • Any VMware experts on a Vista site?
    ... Before I go to VMware with questions, I thought that I would try the Vista experts here to see if there is a match-up of the two talents. ... I now have the capability to run a Vista 32-bit platform by clicking on a desktop icon. ... I connect to the Internet on a wireless basis, using a RangeMax Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter. ...
  • Re: Any VMware experts on a Vista site?
    ... platform by clicking on a desktop icon. ... I connect to the Internet on a wireless basis, ... connection, but I am not able to connect to the Internet. ... individual who installed the VMware said that I should not need a USB port ...
  • Using a Virtualized Pen Test Platform
    ... I have traditionally used a multi-boot Linux box as my pen-test platform. ... I have been tinkering with using VMware Workstation ... so I can just switch VMs rather than having to reboot. ... is there any advantage or disadvantage of running Workstation vs. Server ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: IE headers w patch level - new info
    ... Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform ... String Value: Q312461 ... The patch information that Internet Explorer displays ... logfiles, under the UserAgent field. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Ping Ar....tech/political question.....
    ... If the platform becomes available then the BBC will use it. ... the No 1 national broadcaster and will not compromise that position. ... They have made the fullest use of the internet haven't they and have ... obvious alternative system of payment collection. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)