Server: AkamaiGHost
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:57:12 GMT
Expires: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:57:12 GMT

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Request Timeout</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Request Timeout</H1>
The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request.<P>
Reference&#32;&#35;2&#46;1d6c1160&#46;1234882632&#46;0
</BODY></HTML>

also I have tried wireless and wired connection. Same thing.
"Veris and Amee Young" <verisyoung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ujZ62yQkJHA.1172@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hope I type this in right area. Hi

I have a wireless laptop. We also have 3 other desktop. They are all connected thru router. All the sudden couple weeks ago my laptop started giving me trouble when it was connected to internet. Btw All but my laptop are Xp. Laptop is Vista. I can get email, I can run my msn messenger and yahoo messenger. I just can't get on websites. I tried rebooting router, turning off laptop. It used to work when I turned off laptop and restarted it would start working till today. It has been over 8 hrs and nothing yet. I have renews Ipconfig. dns flush all that I can think of. I pinged my other pcs in house and it is pinging fine. I pinged yahoo.com and other sites and the request times out. I have tried Firefox and IE. I run MacAfee. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Have you tried URLs other than your regular homepage?

--
Live strong and have a nice day, - "Nil carborundum illegitimi"!
Mac H E L P the planet - Don't I D L E ! ! !

  • Re: iptables help needed
    ... Packets are dropped because port 110 is not allowed ... I added port 110 to your script ... | the desktop this morning when i started the laptop and ran firefox. ... Here the 192.168.1.4 computer makes an ntp request to 213.251.134.188 ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Taskbar, desktop and start menu keep disappearing
    ... of a friend absolute,he ignored my request not to use peer networking on ... my laptop while he used it, Azeurus, while not the direct cause does two ...
  • Re: cant get to websites
    ... "Veris and Amee Young" wrote in message ... The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request. ... "Veris and Amee Young" wrote in message ... All the sudden couple weeks ago my laptop started giving me trouble when it was connected to internet. ...
  • Re: cant get to websites
    ... When I try to get to website this is what I am getting on Firefox. ... The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request. ... All the sudden couple weeks ago my laptop started giving me trouble when it was connected to internet. ...
  • Re: Using 3 Screens with Laptop
    ... Right now, I can only use two screens at a time--either the laptop screen and one LCD, or both LCDs without the laptop screen. ... video connection, and split the image to fit two monitors. ... TripleHead2Go comments - VGA or DVI in, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)