Re: Windows Defender

Dave,
I did that and it stated "The delayed auto-start flag could not be set.
Error 87: The parameter is incorrect."
Thanks,
Lauria

"Dave-UK" <here@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:GOOdnfvj6MgUdATUnZ2dnUVZ8trinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"goldpony" <goldpony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:63B50E4A-2EAE-4493-8DBF-6207835714DC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This message kept coming up after I turned my computer on. What does this mean and what do I need to do to fix this??

"Application failed to initialize 0x80016ba. A problem caused this program's service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support for how to start a service manually."

--
Lauria

You can check to see how Defender's service is configured:

Right-click Computer > Manage > click on Services on the left pane.
Find Windows Defender on the right and double-click it.
The start up type should be Automatic (delayed start).

.