RE: kb957097 error wrong version of windows???

"the version of windows you have installed does not match the update you are
trying to install"

that's the error. 800B0100 is the error code. Can't find anything on the
error searching Help & Support. Is there any generic Windows update fix,
deleting files or something that I can do?

"skite" wrote:

This update won't install on Vista for me, I get an error telling me that
this update is for a different version of Windows. I tried shutting down my
anti-virus/firewall and get the same error. This is on Vista Home Premium 32
bit just recently installed. How can I fix this? thanks

  • Re: Please Help-windows will not update -desperate
    ... Before you install IE, make sure you read the release notes: ... | Security assessment: Potential Risk ... | Windows Security Updates: 1 service packs or update rollups are missing. ... | Definition Update 1.14.1940.2 for Windows Defender Error Code: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB896344 fails to install
    ... Windows XP ]. ... to install an update agian without providing a method of doing so!). ... The big problem i've got here with the posted instructions is that they seem ... Error Code: 0x8007f0ea. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)