Re: Installing a Network Printer on Vista 64

I have exactly the same problem and a nearly identical setup. My HP
Laserjet 2200 is connected to a Windows Server 2003 x32 box via a
parallel cable and shared as HPLaser. I try to connect to it from my
Vista x64 box, it sees the share, but cannot find a driver. I've
downloaded the latest x64 PCL 5 drivers from the HP web site and
unzipped them to a local folder on the Vista x64 system. None of the
inf files contains a valid driver, according to the printer setup.
However, if I directly connect the printer to the Vista x64 box it works
correctly. This is not what I want or need - the printer needs to stay
connected to the server and shared from there. Why can't I get this to
work? BTW - the same scenario happens if I try to install an x64 driver
on the server - it says none of the downloaded drivers are compatible...

--
Wade

  • Re: Installing a Network Printer on Vista 64
    ... I eventually solved the problem by installing the HP2200 as a local printer on my vista 64 pc - then I went into its printer properties/ports/add port and added a standard tcp/ip port using the server ip address and printer name. ... Vista x64 box, it sees the share, but cannot find a driver. ...
  • Re: 2008 SBS no longer boots
    ... Intel raid card for Server 2003. ... install with one raid driver, or with the other raid driver. ... Any thermal issues and a lot of other hardware problems should show up ... other customer, even a 2 week old one, the problem immediately returned. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • core install of Solaris 9 (sparc) package list can be trimmed ?
    ... This is a server that will have very specific reasons ... system SUNWadmr System & Network Administration Root ... system SUNWeu8os American English/UTF-8 L10N For OS Environment User Files ... system R SUNWfcip Sun FCIP IP/ARP over FibreChannel Device Driver ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: 2008 SBS no longer boots
    ... driver issue initially, the fact that it seems to happen randomly now ... weird with a hardware problem that consistently doesn't get through boot ... other customer, even a 2 week old one, the problem immediately returned. ... There was a time when a server was fired up with a specialized OS and had a battery of tests run against each component to purposefully stress it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: AD replication not working
    ... Dcdiag states that cls21 and cls12 are having the PDCEmulator role. ... Verifying that the local machine cls21, is a Directory Server. ... The DFS Replication Event Log. ... Driver RICOH Aficio 3035 PCL 6 required for printer ...