Re: Udungtu 8.10

Steve Thackery wrote:
I tried Ubuntu a few months ago and my results are: ubuntu=not for me (or the other 94% of the population even when offered free!).

99%. It has less than 1% penetration on the desktop.

SteveT

The Colombian Cartel makes more money than Microsoft. Does that mean that their product is better than Microsoft's? Fact is, most people have not heard of Ubuntu or have been influenced by MS FUD and think it's only for geeks and that it would be too complicated to learn. This is changing and when the word gets around that Ubuntu is super user friendly, these "penetrations" will change. How much "penetration" would you need to accept Ubuntu and why, pray tell, do you need "penetration" to become convinced?

Alias
.