Re: Udungtu 8.10

Steve Thackery wrote:
I tried Ubuntu a few months ago and my results are: ubuntu=not for me (or the other 94% of the population even when offered free!).

99%. It has less than 1% penetration on the desktop.

SteveT

The Colombian Cartel makes more money than Microsoft. Does that mean that their product is better than Microsoft's? Fact is, most people have not heard of Ubuntu or have been influenced by MS FUD and think it's only for geeks and that it would be too complicated to learn. This is changing and when the word gets around that Ubuntu is super user friendly, these "penetrations" will change. How much "penetration" would you need to accept Ubuntu and why, pray tell, do you need "penetration" to become convinced?

Alias

  • Re: Well, Windows is back on the disk.
    ... and people just like the ones at Microsoft. ... OS's like Windows, there will be people who think the ... > intricacies of Linux. ... Ubuntu Help and User Discussions ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ubuntu desktop apparently scares Microsoft
    ... Microsoft does need some competetion to be kept on their toes. ... Ubuntu desktop apparently scares Microsoft ... The Windows Competitive Strategy team is looking for a strong team ... relates to open source competitors. ...
  • Re: Active Directory Domain on Ubuntu
    ... simpler- to use as/than Windows. ... it costs a lot of money to retrain those admin-bozos who have ... them with Ubuntu, and they cope with it just as well as they ... I always recommend using GNU/Linux. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Sounds like Ubuntu is the way for YOU
    ... Instead what I did today was removed the Office 2007 trial from the mini and installed OpenOffice. ... I've ran Vista and Ubuntu in tandem for several months so I know what to expect and I am not making this decision blindly. ... Sounds like you are having so many problems with Microsoft, it would be better for YOU in the short term to ditch Microsoft software and install Ubuntu and their OpenSores Office. ...
  • Re: Java im Zeitalter von Vista
    ... Aus eigenen Erfahrungen kann ich dazu nur sagen, dass eine andere Distribution evt. ... Z.B. Ubuntu, auch wenn es lange nicht perfekt ist, so kann man damit arbeiten. ... Das wird auch noch durch die Finanzkraft von Microsoft katalysiert. ... Alleine durch die enorm hohe Hardware-Voraussetzung wird Vista und co. einen gemütlichen Start hinlegen. ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)