Re: Vista cannot delete read-only files

"hellhound5005" <hellhound5005.3hjo7b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hellhound5005.3hjo7b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK.. maybe someone here can help me out... i made this folder in 32 bit
vista home premium with the name of alt+255 and an invisible file icon,
was using it to hide titty pics (pardon the expression, but its true) i
deleted the files inside and decided that i needed to delete the
folder.... here comes the problem... its been checked read-only so i try
to un-check it... still wont delete, go back into properties and its
still checked "read-only".... anyone have some advise for getting rid of
this said folder? Ive attached some screen shots.. but there is nothing
telling me that i don't have permissions or anything... I'm not to
familiar with vista but i tried to force delete it with the CMD prompt
like i would with a corrupt file in XP.... did i mess up somewhere?

|Filename: Untitled2.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=7286|

hellhound5005
hellhound5005's Profile:
http://forums.techarena.in/members/hellhound5005.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/962480.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Once you get this sorted out, download and install
TrueCrypt. It's free. With TrueCrypt you can create
a file that contains an encrypted virtual drive of any
size you want. When you want to access the files
or add new ones, you mount the virtual drive, which
only takes a few seconds. The user manual with
TrueCrypt is very thorough.

  • Re: I can help you!
    ... After restart I ran Windows ... Windows Vista Home Premium and I have solved it! ... Scroll down a bit and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder. ... Open the Download folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • new folder
    ... I have Vista home premium ... when I download something there is a possibility to click on "new folder" on top of the screen ... When I work in my folders It is not there, I always have to rightclick and then choose for that option in te rightclick menu ...
  • Re: Vista cannot delete read-only files
    ... vista home premium with the name of alt+255 and an invisible file icon, ... was using it to hide titty pics (pardon the expression, ... In the future, hide them in a compressed folder, then rename the folder to an unknown extension. ...
  • Inability to open Favorites on an XP Solved
    ... I have a new Dell desktop with ... Vista Home Premium SP1 with Workgroups changed to MSHOME to match ... Vista Networking and Sharing Control ... Favorites folder and under properties chose Sharing and selected option ...
  • Re: searching for file contents with Vista is a nightmare
    ... It works for me like you describe in your first paragraph, except you don't have to right-click and select Search, just type what you're looking for in the search box... ... Vista Home Premium 32 SP1 ... hit search, then choose "a word or phrase in the file", and my ... make sure folder is indexed ...