Re: Vista cannot delete read-only files

"hellhound5005" <hellhound5005.3hjo7b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:hellhound5005.3hjo7b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK.. maybe someone here can help me out... i made this folder in 32 bit
vista home premium with the name of alt+255 and an invisible file icon,
was using it to hide titty pics (pardon the expression, but its true) i
deleted the files inside and decided that i needed to delete the
folder.... here comes the problem... its been checked read-only so i try
to un-check it... still wont delete, go back into properties and its
still checked "read-only".... anyone have some advise for getting rid of
this said folder? Ive attached some screen shots.. but there is nothing
telling me that i don't have permissions or anything... I'm not to
familiar with vista but i tried to force delete it with the CMD prompt
like i would with a corrupt file in XP.... did i mess up somewhere?

|Filename: Untitled2.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=7286|

hellhound5005
hellhound5005's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/hellhound5005.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/962480.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Empty the recycle bin.
It's not on the Desktop as it should be.

In the future, hide them in a compressed folder, then rename the folder to an unknown extension.

--
Ens causa sui
Fit caedes omnibus locis

.