Re: XP Vista folder permissions
- From: <stjoe5373@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:27:21 -0400
Sorry I just read the rest of you question the users group have the rights
to the folder.
"Paul Montgumdrop" <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm slaving a hard drive with Vista Home on it to an XP Pro machine, the
laptop says the hard drive is going to crash, I slaved it and it is still
accessible, I'm familiar with folder permissions and taking ownership of
the folders/drive ect... I've had this issue in the past (but with an XP
OS) where I had to take ownership of the drive so on and so fourth. So,
all of that is good, except Vista is different, I can see all the folders
but nothing is in them. I've researched quite a bit (maybe not in the
right places) but to no avail.
Is there a way to access the information in those folders?
If you can see the folder but you cannot list the content of the folder,
then maybe the user account you're using doesn't have the rights set to
read and list folder content.
Does the Administrator group have the rights? Does the Users group have
- Prev by Date: Re: Shutdown Command
- Next by Date: Re: an idiot put in charge of windows 7 gui
- Previous by thread: Re: XP Vista folder permissions
- Next by thread: Get Date/Time of Last Windows Update