Re: I'm a new user and i really want to know, why do games just NOT work with Vista..?

I tried it again, and i was right. I ran the program again normally,
ended a mission and game crashed but when i ran as administrator the
problem never occured again. Also noticed a difference in the sounds my
CD/DVD drive was making (normally was MUCH louder than as
administrator).
What exactly is going on here? you said UAC, what is that?

--
Asteroth

  • Way off topic - Please Remove NASA Administrator Bolden
    ... Please write your congressman and senators ... Please support any effort to remove NASA Administrator Bolden ASAP! ... extension NASA's "foremost" mission is to improve U.S./Muslim ... I watched the interview - I am mad as a taxpayer that NASA now has ...
    (rec.models.rockets)
  • Re: Juno yes, Moonrise no
    ... >>> The Juno mission is part of NASA's New Frontiers program. ... >>> administrator for NASA's Science Mission Directorate, ...
    (sci.space.policy)
  • Re: Seltsamer Prozess der svchost lastet CPU aus - Virus?
    ... solche Zwecke aber lieber Explorer++, ... Ich lese das mal als "okay, UAC macht tatsächlich Workflows kaputt, ... Umgebungen, wo mir der Account "Administrator" nicht zu Gebote steht, ... administrative Aufgaben ausführen musst? ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Quick: Where is the equivalent of the Display control panel in Vista?
    ... didn't understand how UAC works. ... designed to install with this limited set with no problem. ... Administrator, and everything goes fine. ... recognizes it as a setup file and asks to bump up the setup file. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Vista "complaints"
    ... Recent misconceptions about Vista and UAC posted to the Focus-Apple group, ... administrator, and combined with the many configuration options Vista ... that Win XP gave her the ability to add permissions to her normal ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)