Re: Games on Vista 64-bit

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2w4OTE=?= <Carol891@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:D5EDFFFB-1DEC-4CDF-A43F-48C6967D1485@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

How can I tell if they're compatible
with Vista 64-bit that I have on my new laptop? If I buy a new game
and the box says it's compatible with Vista, does that also mean it's
OK with the 64-bit version?

Ask the people that make the game. Vista x64 also runs 32-bit applications,
but it does not run 16-bit applications, so if the game is 32-bit, you
should be fine. Most applications are 32-bit, older games (like more than 6
years old) used to be 32-bit, but had 16-bit installers, so that sucked.

Now a days any "new" game you buy or download, should work in Vista x64. If
you're not sure, post the name of the game, or ask the people who make the
game, "Have you tested this game on 64-bit operating systems?"

--
Joe

  • RE: Vista Compatible Games List So Far
    ... can't get need for speed games to work with my new computer that runs vista. ... (NB With NVIDIA 8800GTX/GTS GPUs the game crashes when loading Cherbourg ... For best results, set Compatibility Mode for application ... Star Wars Galaxies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: Vista Compatible Games List So Far
    ... lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie microsoft is lieing about the ... Civilization IV (Vista 32/64-bit) ... (NB With NVIDIA 8800GTX/GTS GPUs the game crashes when loading Cherbourg ... Star Wars Galaxies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • RE: Vista Compatible Games List So Far
    ... Civilization IV (Vista 32/64-bit) ... (NB With NVIDIA 8800GTX/GTS GPUs the game crashes when loading Cherbourg ... For best results, set Compatibility Mode for application ... Star Wars Galaxies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: OT: XP vs Vista
    ... I am already quite indebted to the open source and freeware community for all ... compete with other companies for OS market share, or Office apps, I ... sells more copies of Vista. ... would you have to being using DX10 as the underlying platform for game ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: I like Vista
    ... programs on XP that blow the Vista interface away. ... DirectX 10 will only be released for Vista. ... encompassing libraries used by video cards, sound cards, and game ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)