Re: direct play for microsoft games [freelancer]

Slainte1967 wrote:
(clip)

Robert McKenzie <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
I play Freelancer on windows Vista64 home premium and ultimate - two
machine - the laptop has a new dedicated graphic card - the other has
a EN9800GT a directX 9 card with DX10 compatability.

Actually a Geforce 9 series card will also run Dx1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8
games as well.

Virus Software to use is Eset Nod32 or AVG Personal(FREE EDITION)not
the buyable version.

Or just go naked, I can't remember the last time I installed anti-virus.

The issue is caused by the lack of DirectX Play in DX10 because MS
went over to different protocols and forgot about backward
compatability.

Actually MS didn't install DirectX 9 into Vista, you can download
dxwebsetup.exe and install it manually.

MS Guidelines state that ALL games that use DirectX need to install the
files via the DXSetup app, even if the DirectX files are already
detected because some may be missing. Unfortunatly not many games do
this. Including this one.... which I worked on... hey I even worked on
the installer, sue me.

It's not DirectX 10's fault, so lay off.

--
Joe

  • Re: CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe
    ... You may think that you're running Avira AntiVir but your HijackThis ... this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install ... Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP. ... DirectX June 2010 Redistributable. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe
    ... this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install ... Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP. ... DirectX June 2010 Redistributable. ... O8 - Extra context menu item: Download selected with Free Download Manager - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Error while compiling WINCE OS 5.0
    ... Try to build a OSDesign with the emulator and see if that works. ... Include IE and directx your OSDesign. ... Sysgening platform C:\WINCE500\platform\Adelaide_298 ... For every QFE they include a read me which tells you exaclty what will change/update when you install the QFE. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe
    ... This same DxSetup.exe error message occurred when I was attempting to ... this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install ... Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP. ... I generally update my DirectX files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Direct X 9
    ... I meant to post this link for you to update DirectX. ... You *should* install DirectX 9.0 for those games to work. ... || Cryptographic Services may be disabled, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)