Re: Is this spec. good foe video games ?

Robert McKenzie <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

As previously stated the 3450 is adequate for old games - modern games
demand more - i bought a 3450 for an old machine and tried to run
MassEffect for the PC - it did not worked - I took it back and bought
the 3650 and it was jerky.

Now have a 1Gb EN9800GT which cost £130 and no problems.

The better the graphic card - the better your memory and the faster
the access time of the HD is what counts with game play not the
processors speed or OS.

BTW it better to have more memory than too little memory.

Not really, 6gigs is pretty much wasted, but it's cheap so a lot of
manufacturers are just throwing it in and jacking up their prices. I
can't recall ever seeing a quad core at best buy for less than $1000, but
I can build a similar system with less ram and a smaller HD on dell.com
for less than $600. So yes, it is wasted, and I'm sorry, that is US$ not
pounds.

Also, I ran Mass Effect on a Geforce 6800, it wasn't an amazing
experience, but it ran, smoothly. Better graphic cards are nice if you
want to run the game in native resolutions and all the bells and whistles
turned on, but most people just want to play the game and don't care so
much if it's not perfect.

And when you say old games, which games are you talking about? Because I
mean a lot of people consider Gears of War PC an "Old" game. I personally
consider Pac-Man an "old" game. It's all subjective.

-J.

--
Joe

  • Re: NCAA 07 dissapointing
    ... First of all, it's a football game. ... They buy up franchises and studios, ... They "sell product". ... When they bought off the rights to own football in gaming, ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: FS Junkyard in Pittsburgh $2300
    ... not get caught up in the price that I bought the pin for, ... You say we should only be concerned with what the pin is worth, ... As far as not wanting the game, ... cause i bought it for 1851 and I am selling it for more than I bought ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: So, what projects do you have waiting in the queue?
    ... > Stern Meteor NOS PF swap. ... > displays (I think I bought some but haven't run across them yet.) PF ... > teardown and shop, electronics repaired. ... > game to accomodate Gator Grabber button. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • PAGG:A view from my booth....I thought I would never say that again!
    ... funny to power up that game and it says "Checkpoint". ... Cliffy, Steve, Steve & Ruth, The Highleys, Rick from BAA, and Martin ... Until Eric bought the Scared Stiff deal I had I ... The name badge game: Pretty much has ended it seems. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: What have you been playing in MAY?
    ... Sin Episodes: Emergence: Bought this on a whim one evening after work ... the atmosphere of the game. ... a clear head-on shot at the car, as it initially approached the book ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)