Re: loading games

I have read that making a root folder is the best way to go. I play
Silent Hunter 4. The game gets heavily modded. If I attempt to extract
any game modded files to the SH4 game file, I get errors and they do not
extract to the fold. This is if I load the game to X86 program files.
However, I can load these modded files to a folder, copy and paste
within the SH4 folder that was installed in the X86 program folder. At
any rate, I uninstalled the game and re-installed to a C:\Games2\Silent
Hunter 4 folder I created when asked to browse upon installation. I can
now load the mods without errors or issues. I do not need to copy and
paste. This seems to have worked great. However, games such as Call of
Duty, World at War will automatically load to X86 program files and does
not give you the option to browse and load to a file of your choice.
I'm not sure why Activision did this.

--
avgwarhawk

  • Re: What good are XP Pro User Accounts?
    ... > My daughter has a game, Sims 2, that requires her to run it from my admin ... Start Menu folder and Desktop folder shortcuts from the user profile ... limited accounts, you can fix it to allow limited users to access the ...
  • BioShock Tweaks/Cheats
    ... NOTE - This is a System Hidden folder, so see you have to check ... I found I had to do much tweaking, and had crashes until all ... WARNING - If your game crashes, ... Audigy sound to work correctly. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Backup question
    ... Backup your entire WoW folder to a thumb drive and play from ... WOW folder onto a mobile hard drive. ... you could fit the entire game on a 16 GB thumbdrive. ... Thumbdrives that size are pretty pricey, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Installing game software for users with limited accounts
    ... > I was attempting to load a game for my daughter on the home pc that is loaded ... > with XP Home edition. ... Start Menu folder and Desktop folder shortcuts from the user profile ... limited accounts, you can fix it to allow limited users to access the ...
  • Creating a 7DRL Torrent
    ... on the 7DRL contest, I figured that it is about time to start rolling ... volunteer to collate the information and bundle up the torrent. ... The zip file has a folder for each 7DRL victory ... Each game folder also has an index.html file that contains: ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)